Saturday, April 16, 2011

El Trompo


El Trompo definitely stands out in the Kensington Market. The burst of red and yellow just screams "Party over here." On the inside you get smacked with bright sunshine yellow walls as well.

To start off me and my cousin wanted to try the guava margarita. Let's just say after a few sips I eventually had to stop since I kept getting a brain freeze. It was thirst quenching but the after effects was not so great.


I had to try the guacamole. It was really really REALLY good.


I kept trying to scoop a big chunk of guacamole onto the corn chip. It was annoying me when I couldn't get a huge portion. Felt like a fat kid trying to get to the cookie jar. I just wanted it all.


Here was the taquito al pastor with pork meat marinated in a traditional sauce served on corn tortillas with pineapple coriander and onion. It was a bit bland at first but once I added the guacamole it was scrumptious. The tacos were actually quite smaller than it looks in the picture. I ate the majority of it since my cousin was saving her stomach to for other goodies in the market.


The guacamole was the star here. I would definitely return for the green mush. As for the tacos maybe try the homemade chorizo next time.

TOTAL BILL $26...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

El Trompo on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

kiki's B.F.F said...

Love this place, try it last summer =D
Can't wait for the weather to get better so that we can go back and sit at the patio and people watch =P

Chee said...

Looks good! I haven't had Mexican in a while. *drool* Adding Cambodia to your list of countries for your blog! So you should have at least 1 fan in Cambodia now ;) Mission accomplished! lol Say hi to the rest of the girls back home for me. Miss you all! Keep eating and blogging! :)

Eat Here Next said...

haha yes love to people watch i do that at the mall too hehe

Eat Here Next said...

hey you're on vacation I rather be where you are rite now lol

how's your trip?

thx for thinkin of me

miss my partner in crime hurry back so we can go out to eat:)

Spice City Toronto said...

I enjoyed a nice meal at El Trompo today. It's one of my favourite spots to bring out of town visitors.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...