Sunday, April 10, 2011

Caplansky's Delicatessen


THE CONTENTS OF THIS POST MAY OFFEND SOME READERS. IF YOU DON'T EAT MEAT OR DON'T LIKE MEAT THEN DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT KEEP READING. THE PICTURES ALONE MAY GIVE YOU A HEART ATTACK.

Finally made it to Caplansky's Delicatessen.

After heading to the Bake for Japan event at Cafe Diplomatico and Liberty Noodle, we were famished.

There was a long lineup which took about 10 minutes or so. We thought we were smart arriving at 2pm to avoid the lunch rush guess it's busy no matter what time it was.

One thing I do have to point out that really pissed me off but I didn't find out till after I was able to push my way through to stand beside my friend since I was holding a box of goodies from the bake sale. My friend told me that a child just ran straight to the front of the line and the parents just followed and stood right next to the child. They just bypass everyone else that were lining up using their own child. WTH!!! Nobody even said anything. Umm do they not have any manners? What ever happened to teaching your kids common courtesy? Stupid people. Shame on you for using your kid to avoid lining up. Okay sorry just had to rant about that. Now back to my lunch experience.

Here is a picture of the man himself next to a wall filled with reviews.


Here is the drink menu but we didn't order anything we just wanted FOOD.


They have their own mustard which I used on my pickled tongue sandwich.


Here was the knish which was recommended by a twitter friend. It's a puff pastry filled with smoked meat, potato and spices all swimming in a pool of smoked meat gravy. This was utterly delicious. The pastry was flaky good. The meat filling was juicy and scrumptious. Thanks @MackChiu for the awesome recommendation:)


Here was a side of smoked meat poutine. I think the gravy sauce was identical to the meat sauce in the knish; nonetheless, still meaty good.


Here was the smoked meat hash piled under 2 sunny eggs served with rye toast and a few pieces of fruits. The hash consisted of lean smoked meat, potato, onion and brisket seasoning all griddle fried to perfection. The runny yolk oozing into the pores of the meat hash was a great combination. It tasted so so good. Although here the 2 eggs make it look like some alien head lol or maybe it's just me.


Here was the BBQ beef brisket served with crispy onions and sandwiched in an onion bun. It was monstrous. All you see is a huge pile of meat. It was hard compressing this sandwich and maneuvering it into my mouth. Also even more difficult to eat without creating a mess so let's just say I did not appear very lady-like when chowing down on this sandwich. The strands of meat was tender and juicy and the sauce was dripping down my arms. Very sloppy to eat but very satisfying as well.


Here was the pickled tongue sandwich. OMG!!! The smoked meat was super tender and just melted in your mouth. It was insanely delicious. Simplicity is what sells this sandwich. It's just a mountain of meat on 2 slices of bread with a dab of dijon mustard. Result is one gratifying sandwich.


I dedicate this picture to my friend Vivian. She was petrified of this sandwich lol. The bumpy texture of the skin gave her shivers. Lucky for me I had this sandwich all to myself. It was yummy in my tummy:)


The food here is mind blowing along with mammoth portions. Clearly we underestimated the portions but the owner underestimated me and my friend. He didn't think we could finish it all. Ha! We showed him. He even came to our table at the end of the meal and congratulated us on finishing everything. Also he must've thought we were beasts haha. Never underestimate Asian girls we can eat.

TOTAL BILL $41...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

Caplansky's Delicatessen on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tongue has the most disgusting and off-putting appearance, but it's delicious! I've never had it at Caplansky's, though.

The Food Junkie said...

Hey you started off this post kinda the same way that I started off my Caplansky's post LOL~

Eat Here Next said...

@iflookscouldfill i wasnt sure at first but once that meat was in my mouth it was really tender and i no longer thought of it as tongue it was really good:)

@thefoodjunkie hahaha forgot u went there just took a look now lol ur warning is much more funnier:P

Anonymous said...

no drool here! :P

Eat Here Next said...

hahahaha stupid vegan :P

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...