Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Milagro


This is definitely not your ordinary Taco Bell.

Hidden within the numerous restaurants along Yonge, Milagro is truly mind blowing and without a doubt one of the best authentic Mexican restaurant in the city. Their homestyle cooking is simple yet packed full with lip smacking flavor.

The cantina was empty when we arrived but by the time our food came it was a full house.

Staring at the menu I felt like I was reading a foreign language. It took me a while to go through the menu and digest all the options available. Our waiter told us that their most popular dish was the pulled pork and tuna dish.

While waiting for our meal I was exploring through the hot sauces that were piled high in the silver bucket on our table. Never have I seen so many bottles of hot sauces. It was actually a bit intimidating. I for one am a weakling when it comes to spicy food so I did not want to touch it all. But I did encourage my boyfriend to try one of them for fun. He decided to go for the bottle with the green habanero hot sauce. He dabbed at it with a fork and tried only a drop of it. He claimed it was tingling on his tongue and that it wasn't "that bad". I have been tricked several times by his definition of "not that bad" so I did not even want to give it a try at all.

Here is the complimentary tortilla chips with salsa. The salsa wasn't so great. It was too watery and flavorless.


However this green mess more than made up for it. I was hooked on the guacamole. It was sloppy but so goooood.


Here is the ceviche vuelve a la vida with shrimp, crab, octopus, jitomate, cilantro and serranos. It was remarkably refreshing and well prepared. My boyfriend ate the ceviche with the tortilla chips. We had to ask for a refill since I was cleaning out the guacamole with the chips and my other half was working on the ceviche. Sadly, we were beginning to become full and we haven't even gotten to the main entrees yet.


Here is the carnitas panchos which was pulled pork confit served with salsa borracha, cilantro and onions. The waiter informed us that the pulled pork was brewing in its own fat for around 8-9 hours. Yummy.


Here is the filete poblano which was grilled filet mignon medalions with poblano salsa and caramelized onions. It was insanely delicious.


I had also ordered a side of rice with fried plantains called arroz a la mexicana. We added the rice to the wrap as well.


Milagro clearly shows their passion and love for food in their cooking. The attentive friendly staff ensures that you not only enjoy your food but have a good time as well.

TOTAL BILL $78...EAT HERE NEXT!!!

Milagro Restaurante Mexicano Y Cantina on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...